The refreshed v4 CJ Motorsports FPD Fuel System for the FD RX-7 is available! This is our second model of the first (and the only) fuel system upgrade for the FD that incorporates an OEM pulsation dampener directly into the system. The FPD fuel system is otherwise identical to our popular S1 system for the RX7, but with this added feature. Some typical results from the addition of a FPD to your fuel system include: smoother drive-ability at steady engine speeds, more stable fuel pressure gauge readings, and less fuel injection system noise. Some vehicles demonstrate night-and-day improvements.
The foundation of this system is based on our completely billet machined secondary rail. This rail is fueled by the included -6an feed line that secures to the factory 5/16th feed pipe and flows through a -6/-8an reducer in the back of the secondary rail. The rail features a -8an inlet port to accommodate future upgrades. Integrated to the secondary rail is a Y-Block to provide fuel for the primary rail.
Our primary rail offers a clean and compact fit and features -6an inlet and outlet fittings. Fuel exiting the front of either rail via included PTFE hoses lead to the adjustable pressure regulator affixed to the upper intake manifold with the CJM laser-cut stainless regulator mount.
Compatibility and Fitment Information: Select the 48mm option to use with most EV14 based fuel injectors, such as ID, DW, or FIC. Make sure to purchase your injectors to match. Only select the Standard rail height option for EV1/RC style injectors. These rails accept 14mm o-rings.
- These rails are not compatible with factory injectors. Top feed aftermarket injectors only.
- Top-Feed secondary rail conversions require Air Control Valve (ACV) delete with a low profile block-off plate (Available from CJM)
- Fitment is not confirmed with sequential twins solenoid and vacuum system.
- Carefully remove the factory diffusers placed underneath the original fuel injectors.
- Regulator Type: Select your preference from Aeromotive and Fuelab options.
- DEI Fire Sleeve: This quality insulation for -6 hoses is recommended for turbo and high-heat applications.
- Mini Fuel Pressure Gauge: When not installing an in-cabin fuel pressure gauge, you will need this to set and monitor fuel pressure.
- PTFE Hose Style: Choose if the 3 short PTFE hoses are bare stainless braided or black PVC coated.
Detailed Photos and Information:
PTFE Hose Style: The 3 PTFE hoses can optionally be shipped with a black PVC coating. This coating protects neighboring components from abrasion wear of bare stainless steel braiding and can contribute to a stealth coloration for the engine bay. Optional DEI firesleeve can be used give the 2 non-PTFE hoses a functional black cover.